Alan Garner, PMP
Alan Garner is a Real Estate Advisor with Anston Group (“AG”). Prior to joining the Anston Group, Mr. Garner was a Principal & Senior Program Manager with CSRA Inc., where he was a business developer and senior manager of $30M in contracts providing information technology for three large Navy projects in Charleston SC and Norfolk VA. Over the past 15 years, Mr. Garner has served for large and small companies and has acquired over $40M in business from multiple customers. During this period, he was also an owner and Vice President of Services & Solutions Group, a small firm providing information technology and logistics services for the Navy’s Space and Warfare Center in Charleston (SPAWAR) and Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter SC. Throughout the course of his professional career, Mr. Garner has established an extensive background in business development, a firm understanding of customer requirements, and a proven record cultivating strong customer relationships.
Before his commercial career, Mr. Garner served in the Air Force as a director of a large maintenance organization, commander of a quality assurance division, and as an acquisition and logistics professional before retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel after 20 years of service.
EDUCATION AND AFFILIATIONS
- Alan is a native of the Isle of Palms and resides with his family on Daniel Island. He has been active in numerous sports and has been a sponsor and supporter of his daughters’ soccer and lacrosse teams at Bishop England High School, as well as local club teams in the area
- Alan is a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI), since 2007
- Alan has extensive expertise in Business Process Improvement through project consulting and advanced courses certified by Carnegie Mellon
- Alan earned a B.S. in Business Management from Charleston Southern University and a M.S. in Logistics Management from Georgia College & State University
- Alan is an active supporter of Veterans groups and is a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), Post 3137, Isle of Palms SC and The American Legion Post 136, Isle of Palms SC
- Alan is a licensed real estate agent in South Carolina